MDContent's mission is to apply management fundamentals to health care delivery.
MDContent's vision is to advance clinical programs and integrated systems of care
organized around standard and straightforward clinical and management principles.
MDContent prides itself on a continued focus that is grounded in data-driven and
evidence-based practices. MDContent recognizes the need for both strong clinical
leadership and an appreciation of the cultural context in which health care is
MDContent's core competency is in practical, bedside expertise. MDContent's
personnel are active, nationally-recognized clinicians and health system leaders.
MDContent was incorporated as a Michigan LLC in 1999 by trauma surgeon Paul A. Taheri MD, MBA,
and health care economist David A. Butz PhD, of the faculty at the University of Michigan.
Research and Data Analysis
Drs. Taheri, and all of our affiliates, are active researchers, with hundreds of publications
in peer-reviewed settings on myriad different topics. Click here for a partial list of references.
Moreover, MDContent has invested heavily in creating and using sophisticated health care databases.
These have included all of the following:
- The University of Michigan's Health System Data Warehouse
- The University of Michigan's Medical School Data Warehouse (e.g., NIH funding)
- The National Inpatient Sample
- Florida's State Inpatient Database, 1999 - 2006
- Florida's Emergency Department Database, 2005 - 2006
- HCUP State Inpatient Databases: AZ, MD, WA, and NY, 2003 - 2005
- The AMA Master File of Physicians
- MDContent's own state-of-the-art data warehouse