MDContent takes the position that to develop effective systems of care,
clinicians must learn the basics of good management. The firm has a variety
of executive education offerings that span half-day through ten-day curricula.
It retains world-class faculty from the University of Michigan's Health System
and Business Schools, as well as experts nationwide who have demonstrated
expertise in clinical programs and systems of care.
Over ten years, MDContent has offered these curricula in myriad different settings, including:
Internally at the University of Michigan
Annual Meetings of Professional Societies
- Dr. Taheri, as well as many MDContent-affiliated faculty,
teaches regularly in the year-long Leadership Development Program that the
UM Business School offers to clinical and departmental leaders within the UM Health System.
- Dr. Taheri has lectured regularly to house officers in the
University of Michigan's Department of Surgery, and in ad hoc seminars for the entire house staff.
- Dr. Taheri has been a frequent invited guest to speak to other
UM Health System audiences, including nurses, administrators, and health system leaders.
- MDContent's web-based modules are being piloted by the UM Department of Surgery
for residents seeking to fulfill the ACGME's systems-based practice competency.
This pilot began in December 2007.
Physician Leadership Development Programs for Health Systems
- MDContent has offered half- and full-day seminars repeatedly at annual meetings
of the American College of Surgeons, the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma,
the Society of Academic Emergency, the Society of Trauma Nurses, the American College
of Healthcare Executives, and elsewhere. Curricula and evaluations are available upon request.
Continuing Medical Education and the ACGME's Systems-Based Practice Competency
- MDContent offers half- and full-day seminars for the clinical and administrative
leaderships of various health systems. Clients have included Ohio State
and William Beaumont Hospital.
- For several years, MDContent has offered a 10-day physician leadership development
program for the Henry Ford Medical Group. We have over 200 physician alumni.
This year's cohort includes senior residents, as well. The offering includes
both on-site classes and online modules.
Vendor Education and Training
- Participants in MDContent offerings routinely receive CMEs. MDContent is
fully accreditated as an independent CME provider with the ACCME.
- MDContent has taken the lead in developing on-site and online curricula
for teaching hospitals and academic health systems to meet the ACGME's
new system-based practice competency. MDContent's state-of-the-art learning management system,
sophisticated testing and reporting tools, and library of modules make this possible.
Multiple clients are presently using this curriculum.
Details and references are available upon request.
- MDContent offers a range of curricula for vendors. Our recent clients have included GE Healthcare,
Ethicon Endo-Surgery, and Medtronic.